PCS Reopening Plans
Pulaski County Schools Reopening of Schools information
We plan to open schools as planned with person to person learning with students on August 5th. We will use several strategies to ensure the safety of all persons. Please see the list of action items that will be in place.
- Every student and every employee will have their temperature taken before they enter the building. Anyone who registers 99.5 or higher will not be allowed to enter. More details will be provided concerning those who are not allowed in the building.
- All students will have their temperature taken before they get on the bus with 99.5 again being the threshold for the ability to ride the bus. More details will follow about those students who are not allowed on the bus.
- All students will essentially have their own chrome book at school. They will not take them home. Arrangements will be made to hand them out daily. These arrangements will differ from school to school.
- If students change classes the desks will be sanitized by wiping them each period change.
- Sanitizing stations are being installed throughout every building.
- Meals will be served using disposable utensils.
- All buses will be sanitized after the morning route and the afternoon route.
- Buildings will be sanitized daily.
- Social distancing will be encouraged strongly on a daily basis.
Anyone who prefers their child to have distant or remote learning, please contact the principal of the school your child attends. Parents/Guardians must contact the principal no later than Monday, July 20, in order for your student to be considered for the remote learning program.